Thank you for reaching out to me to set up an appointment. At my medical practice, BrainCARE, I often work with people who have struggled for months or years with issues surrounding their brain function. As a traditionally trained physician, I’ve come to realize that Western medicine doesn’t always have all the answers to complex problems such as brain health. I believe in a functional medicine approach that looks at the patient holistically in ways different than a traditional medical approach. I want to know and understand how your brain is functioning, not just treat the symptoms. As such, appointments are always longer than typical medical office visits. I will take the time to listen and I think you’ll notice the difference. I only deal with your brain health issues. I will not replace your primary care doctor or other specialists but augment their treatment strategies.
Required forms and information to initiate scheduling an initial appointment:
- Complete and return by email all of the following forms:
- Please take the time to detail the following and email me this in Word format:
- Your current medical situation (a timeline is always helpful)
- Past medical and surgical history
- A list of all current medications and nutritional supplements
- What therapies or modalities (examples – HBOT, chiropractic, etc), medications, and supplements you have tried and what they did or did not do for you or why you stopped
- Any other information you believe will help me be a better partner to you in your healthcare
- I do not participate in any insurance plans. As an out-of-network provider, reimbursement is difficult and I do not have the office staff to invest the time to help you seek reimbursement.
- Email all the above information and forms to APPOINTMENTS@POTOMACBRAINCARE.COM.
- Once these items are received, my office will reach out to you by email to coordinate blood work (if indicated) and schedule the initial consultation or appointment.
- To learn about the services I offer and get directions to my office, please visit BrainCARE.center.
- For more educational information about brain injuries, please visit brainhealtheducation.org.
The journey to regain brain health is often long and convoluted. I understand the pain this causes in addition to the injury itself. I look forward to walking the labyrinth with you to achieve the optimal brain health deserved.
To your health,
Michael Lewis, MD, MPH, MBA, FACPM, FACN
Colonel (Retired), U.S. Army
Author, When Brains Collide: What every athlete and parent should know about the prevention and treatment of concussions and head injuries
Appointment Times and Length
Initial appointments: plan for 1.5 to 2 hours in length.
Follow up appointments: plan for one hour in length.